Can you add value in a fast-paced commercial environment where you will be providing legal advice at the cutting edge of an extremely competitive industry?
As a Legal Manager, you will partner with our commercial teams to provide clear, straightforward legal advice to meet strategic goals and support supplier relationships. You will be actively encouraged to think innovatively about the delivery of legal support, engage in horizon-scanning and provide key advisory on changes in the retail and consumer space.Your role
You will be pragmatic and commercially minded and work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business to enable Asda to deliver its strategy.
Actively handling and overseeing agreements with multi-national FMCG suppliers and assisting in the implementation of key projects will be a key element of your role. You will also support the commercial teams by providing clear and straightforward GSCOP advice.
You will contribute to the business's success through cross-functional partnering to deliver its plans as well as preparing reports on key workstreams to update and inform internal stakeholders.
As well as taking an active role in the collegiate Commercial team, you will contribute to the Legal function through regular collaboration, meetings and huddles providing opportunities for networking and development.About you
- A qualified lawyer (between 1-4 PQE) with a background in one of the following areas: Commercial; Consumer Law; Regulatory/Competition; Corporate or Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Strong decision-making skills with a high level of attention to detail, commercial acumen and accuracy
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new and emerging opportunities
- Communicate with impact, coach, influence and build strong relationships
- Sound judgement, act with integrity and do the right thing
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- £5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.