Mechanical Project ManagerLocation:
West Yorkshire, flexible home workingSalary:
40 hours per week + any required overtime
Our client is an electrical, data and mechanical contracting company based in Huddersfield, with projects undertaken nationwide. The Company has been trading for almost 30 years and carries out work across a variety of industries including financial, education, leisure and retail.
Due to continuing sustained growth, a need has arisen for an additional experienced Mechanical Project Manager to join the project team on a permanent, full-time basis. The role will involve managing mechanical / plumbing projects from initial site survey, tender / estimating stage through to management and completion of works on site. Projects range from £50k through to £500k.
The day-to-day duties
As the Mechanical Project Manager you will be responsible for managing projects, being involved from inception to completion
- Developing specifications, schedule of rates and reviewing design proposals, including value engineering
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders to ensure you obtain clients requirements
- Planning of the project and liaising with purchasing for material requirements
- Managing on site labour resource and any sub-contractors
- Managing the delivery of each project to the ensure projects are completed successfully to the agreed level of quality, programme and within budget
- Being involved in the cost control, valuations, and the final account preparation and handover
- Reporting progress of projects at regular intervals
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Experience in the mechanical divisions of commercial, retail and office fit out sectors
- Able to read, understand and interpret tender drawings
- Working with and developing schedule of rates, and where necessary produce value engineering solutions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent PC skills, knowledge of Amtech or a similar estimating programme is an advantage
- Able to work well under pressure and manage workload appropriately
- Experience in evaluating proposals from a supply chain
If you wish to apply for the position of Mechanical Project Manager please click apply.