DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented IT Service Support professional to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.Delivery. Work. Projects.
These vacancies are within the Identity & Trust Team in DWP Digital and will be based in Sheffield. The successful applicant will be responsible for a range of service management activities across Identity & Trust applications and platforms to ensure service availability, performance and process maturity across this landscape.
Service management is a critical role within the team and will be active in helping to define the services we are producing.
Working in an agile environment means involvement in features as they develop, supporting service design and acting as a support to the product teams as well as providing standard service management duties e.g. reporting, incident management, problem management, to agreed service level agreements (SLA) and operational level agreements (OLA), for a number of existing services.
Working as part of our team, you'll undertake a range of service management activities, e.g. resolving incidents, tickets, issues, IT debt correction and responding to queries addressing all aspects of the Products and Services including reference to and the application of policies and processes.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?You'll have the skills and experience to:
Details. Wages. Perks,
- Understand user needs and make an initial assessment on the impact/urgency of requests and incidents
- Monitor, resolve and manage resolution of incidents to agreed targets as well as manage end user communication and expectations relating to the Product/Service
- Produce key management reports on adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) including interpretation and analysis of data
- Provide high quality support for all end users, understanding and trying to resolve user issues and queries
- Respond to agent queries (e.g. Service Desk) to ensure end-users are satisfied in using and accessing the Product/Service
- And ITIL Service Management qualifications or equivalent experience is desirable
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Sheffield: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £27,565 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via