A strategic and creative marketing agency of 11 people strong are seeking a Web Developer to join their team in Birmingham under the next stage in the company's growth plans. The position will help to expand their online offering and goal to be considered one of the best marketing agencies in the country. The company has continued to grow through a positive, ambitious, and creative mentality, and is looking for candidates to apply the same in their discipline.
As a Web Developer you will:
- Be involved in full stack web development, optimisation and ongoing maintenance of websites.
- Work within a team to manage online projects and ensure they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Actively identify website improvements for the business and on behalf of clients.
- Work closely with all members of the team to bring forward creative ideas and new processes to improve the S2F web design and development offer.
We are looking for a Web Developer with:
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and how to customise the framework:
- Building with the Block Editor
- Creating custom blocks
- Writing custom queries
- Experience using Advanced Custom Fields.
- Strong understanding of PHP.
- Good HTML and CSS (Sass) knowledge, ability to write semantic HTML structures with technical SEO in mind.
- Understanding of MySQL and ability to write/modify queries where appropriate.
- Local development experience - basic Git and Command Line knowledge.
- Basic understanding of website hosting and DNS.
- Experience of setting up Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and the importance of conversion tracking.
- A drive to continue learning and developing skills, keeping up to date with latest WordPress features & developments and applying these to existing and new websites.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agency environment preferred.
- GSAP/JS SVG animation experience a bonus.
- Knowledge of Google Ads a bonus.
We are looking for an experienced web developer to join the team and enjoy a variety of website projects and regular website development activity for retainer contracts. The successful candidate will benefit from flexible working locations and hours, a culture of creativity, and the camaraderie of a friendly team. They will join the team in a variety of regular sessions focused on continuous improvement, creative thinking, and the reviewing of activities against client workplans. The opportunity to develop skills and progress a career is only limited by the candidate's own work mentality and ambitions.