NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Heath. We provide crucial corporate back office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.The day job
We have an exciting opportunity for a confident P2P Team Leader to lead, develop and inspire a team of people who manage a wide range of customers to enable the effective delivery of a purchase to pay service. Responsible for managing your own and your team's daily workload, you will monitor work queues, quality reporting including measures and feedback mechanism as well as staff responsibility in terms of one to ones, competency reviews, objective settings and development plans.
You will be a motivational people manager, coaching your team to meet the department key performance indicators with a focus on continuous improvement and change management.
Developing your team will be both challenging and rewarding. If you are proactive, agile and can think on your feet, this is the role for you! Key responsibilities:
Required skillsYou need to have:
- Customer focused, seeking, suggesting and actively participating in customer service improvement, identified through daily processing, analysis and feedback
- To successfully recruit and on-board new starters, through robust and structured training programme, supportive buddy system and pro-active and continuous coaching
- To coach and train all team members to improve and develop their knowledge of systems, processes and best practice behaviours through regular 1:1 performance and development conversations
- Setting realistic, and stretching targets objective as part of the annual Performance Development Review, to be reviewed monthly
- Proactively plan for succession by identifying and coaching 'rising stars' within the team.
- Proactive review of department, and client processing data to prepare reports and analyses of which processes are working and which can be improved
It would be great if you had:
- A minimum of one years' experience within F&A P2P team or equivalent senior position held within NHS Shared Business Services or another company
- Experience of handling high volume transactional process teams
- A good commercial understanding of business requirements and able to translate this into individual and team goals and objectives
- Able to engage and influence effectively across the whole organisation
- Able to investigate and resolve issues thoroughly, providing root cause analysis
- Excellent PC skills and familiar with using Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
- Experience of conducting 1:1s and end of year reviews
- Previous experience working on a shared service platform
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.