1st Line Service Desk Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full time 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join a friendly team based in London. The successful candidate will earn £19,000 - £26,000 depending on experience. As a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer you are a first point of client contact alongside the Service Desk Manager. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to the following: desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.Role Requirements
- Ability to multi-task across open tickets
- Be passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Professional communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Network Basics
- Troubleshooting Windows Desktop 7 and above.
- Experience with Exchange online.
- Exposure to Active directory on Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Understanding of PC hardware, accessories & connections.
Company + Benefits
- Answer inbound calls from clients and raise tickets accordingly within Autotask.
- Reply to requests from the Help Desk email inbox, copying in the Help Desk and all relevant parties and managing tickets to closure wherever possible.
- Identify where tools, processes and systems are impacting closure rates.
- Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets.
- Support the client base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers, telephone systems & 3rd party applications.
- Keep the clients and tickets updated with developments.
- Where required, escalate the ticket within the team or onto the next support level.
- Work within the team to ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA
- Where tickets are unable to be closed within a call, identify further resolution steps and actions with the team/client.
- Monitor activity through Autotask.
- Meet or exceed client expectations with regards to the SLA.
- Ensure that the client is satisfied with the outcome.
- Achieve the highest standard of response and identify when assistance is required to achieve this.
- When required provide information to the team by providing information about ongoing tickets and client history.
- Provide regular and effective documentation. You will help to maintain and effectively monitor a client's systems and networks i.e. Labtech re patching.
- Accuracy and detail are key to effective documentation it is expected that all relevant documentation will be completed for each ticket you raise.
- Provide relevant, accurate documented information when escalating tickets.
- Accurately reflect tickets and their status in 'real time' and close these once work activities are complete.
Our client is a small IT company providing excellent support and customer service. They are a friendly, lively, and supportive office. They mostly cover Microsoft environments (client and server) but also cover Macs, Linux, Comms, Telecoms, Hosting, Printers, AV, Networks etc. They work as a team, helping the company grow and expand, always looking for new challenges and opportunities.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- Pension scheme with 7% company contributions
- Death in service benefit
- Training and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Fun company nights out
- Access to IT discounts
- Fruit Box, Coffee Machine available in the office
Keywords: 1st Line, Service Desk, Engineer, IT Support, IT Technician, IT, Help Desk, PC, Hardware, Computer, Windows, Desktop