Morgan Philips Group are currently partnering with an Edinburgh based financial services organisation recruit for a Transfer Pricing Accountant.
The role will join an existing operational finance team that focuses on 3 distinct area's covering Fixed Assets, Transfer Pricing and Cost. The Transfer Pricing Accountant role will have less of a focus on tax and will be geared more towards statutory and intercompany accounting.
This role will be responsible for monitoring and managing part of the allocation of revenues and costs across the local and global group. The individual will be required to develop a strong understanding of how the business and its entities operate across the group, and ensure that intragroup charges are coordinated effectively and reflect the day to day commercials of the different aspects of the business.
This role requires a professionally qualified accountant with proven experience of intercompany transactions and their impact on statutory reporting across an international group. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as a team, both within Finance and other areas of the business to deliver timely and accurate transfer pricing calculations as well as reporting of the impact around the Group. Experience of working in Financial services or with Financial Services client would be beneficial.Key Responsibilities:
Background and Experience:
- Calculate cost and or revenue allocations for group entities.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate results according to group timetable and in line with current transfer pricing and recharge policy
- Proven ability to liaise with the wider business to understand and update drivers, taking account of any changes across the divisions and regions
- Preparation and review of monthly reconciliations and analytics
- Build strong relationships with providers who are key to the process in addition to functional teams both within and out with the finance function - legal entity controllers across the group, business partners and cost control accountants. Support the broader transfer pricing process as required.
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Asset management experience preferable but not essential.
- Technical and regulatory knowledge desirable, along with knowledge of transfer pricing.
- Commercial acumen and ability to challenge trends and form expectations.
- Credibility with partners (Communication and confidence).
- Strong IT / analytical skills (Word, excel, systems experience preferable).
For more information please contact Graeme Bruce.