1st/2nd Line Support Engineer -£20-25K per annum and Superb Benefits - Rushden
Our client is a leading airflow systems company with sites across the UK & Ireland. They have a fantastic culture and are recognised the world over as being an industry leader in their field.
Due to expansion they are now looking to bring on a 1st/2nd line Support Engineer to join the established team within their Technical Services department at their Rushden head office. The 1st/2nd line Support Engineer will provide internal helpdesk support for IT infrastructure and directly support the business in implementation of IT improvement projects, security & development. They will also provide IT support to a number of field-based engineers. We are looking for the strongest and most ambitious 1st/2nd line Support Engineers in the market who will enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that will provide challenge, opportunity to travel and scope for career progression.
1st/2nd Line Support Engineer - Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line support to IT users for IT related issues including troubleshooting of devices (Laptops, tablets & mobiles phones) IT infrastructure & IT services issues which are preventing the effective operation of business-critical staff.
- Support the I.T. Helpdesk Engineer in the implementation of IT improvement projects ensuring that these are delivered accurately & on time, in line with the expectations of the Helpdesk Manager & Senior Leadership team.
- Perform training to IT users in areas where repeat issues are identified working with the Helpdesk Managers, Middle Managers & Senior Leadership team to reduce the strain of 1st Line issues on IT resource.
- Provide technical IT assistance to the I.T. Helpdesk Engineer & Helpdesk Manager with bespoke investigations/reports to assist in the development of the Department
- Attend emergency breakdowns at customer sites when required, to assist the department maintain the best possible service to the client.
- Maintain 1st line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
To be considered for our 1st/2nd Support Engineer team you need to have proven experience in,
-supporting desktop/server infrastructure, but also the right self-motivated and ambitious attitude to succeed. From a technology perspective you should have exposure to most of the following:
Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
Exchange and/or Microsoft Office 365
Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam /vRanger)
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
On offer for the successful 1st/2nd line Support Engineer is the chance to work for a fast-paced and cutting-edge company with superb culture. Also because of their business set up most sites operate Monday-Friday with no weekend work so you can still achieve a work/home life balance without tireless amounts of shift and on call work patterns. They also pay a bonus of up to 10% of salary. Flexibility will be required around travel and early starts when required on customer sites however this is primarily a head office role.
Apply now to be considered for their 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer role.