PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this roleAt AQA, we're committed to advancing education and we're committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it's our people who make this happen.Research ManagerManchesterPermanent£44,388 - £51,077 + additional benefits
We are looking for a Research Manager
to help lead and manage a Research and Development team that provides research services to support the development of high-quality assessment practices and products, and help position AQA as a thought leader in the assessment community.
In this role you will work with colleagues to plan and deliver a programme of high-quality research that is responsive to the immediate needs of the organisation as well as anticipating and planning for more long-term change.
This will require specialist knowledge of appropriate research methodologies as well as the ability to effectively manage people and projects.In this role you'll be:
You will have:
- leading, developing and delivering research and development projects and services
- working collaboratively with colleagues from across the business
- providing proactive evidence-based advice and guidance to managers and other stakeholders
- building effective working relationships with internal colleagues, influencing thinking in relation to research and development
- evaluating, monitoring and prioritising the requirements for research and development services in the organisation
- producing and delivering research reports, presentations and other outputs
- thinking strategically about the long-term goals and development of the Research and Development team
- managing a small team of researchers.
- proven quantitative or qualitative research skills, preferably in a relevant discipline
- the ability to think analytically, to understand and synthesise complex, diverse and incomplete information
- the ability to plan, manage and deliver complex projects
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- experience of writing and presenting research in a variety of formats and for a range of audiences
- relationship management and influencing skills
- the ability to successfully manage, motivate and develop individuals.
At AQA we recognise our employees' contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
How to apply
- 25 days' annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 20 April 2021
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
- Zoom video interviews to be held week commencing 26 April 2021
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working. Recruitment Agencies
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.About AQA
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 1000 people across six locations and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.