Our client a global leader within the healthcare industry is looking to recruit a Compliance and Governance Manager
You will assist the Legal & Compliance team in setting up and maintaining compliance process and procedures including governance, privacy and risk processes.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate sound compliance knowledge having worked on compliance projects or as part of a dedicated compliance team (ideally in a Pharma or healthcare environment)
* Assisting the Health Legal & Compliance team in setting up and maintaining compliance process and procedures including governance, privacy and risk processes.
* Maintaining and drafting mandatory compliance policies including tracking of adherence and training.
* Support compliance checking processes in relation to Anti-Bribery and Corruption
* Manage the roll out of improved privacy, governance and compliance processes working with international business teams.
* Maintaining and updating appropriate back office compliance records to evidence appropriate compliance actions and accountabilities.
* Spotting and escalating compliance issues when working with business customers.
* Assisting with providing internal training where necessary as part of the Legal & Compliance team.
* Updating colleagues on changes in the law or regulations that relate to compliance.
* Drafting and keeping up to date templates.
* Reviewing and updating when necessary all relevant standard operating procedures and policies.
* Performing any other duties as assigned by the Legal & Compliance team or management as are deemed appropriate.
* Supporting colleagues in Legal & Compliance Department as necessary to help them meet departmental objectives and responsibilities.
* Occasional may be travel required from time to time.
Skills and experience required:
* At least 2 - 3 years' experience of implementing and managing compliance and governance processes, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
* A law degree or an ICA (International Compliance Association) qualification or similar
* Educated to degree level
* Good practical experience of compliance process management and implementation in a business environment
* Understand the requirements of privacy processes and GDPR or other privacy legislation
* Are structured and organised and comfortable putting structure and process in place
* Have exposure to risk management processes and approach
* Are business focused and understand core business processes
* Are skilled at growing internal Customer relationships
* Use your own initiative to respond to the needs of the business
* Are comfortable reviewing and writing policies and standard operating procedures
* Demonstrate excellent mastery of the English language (written and spoken)
* Are a self-starter and able to cope under pressure
* Act ethically and with discretion at all times
Working in the heart of Marlow, salary up to £50,000 plus excellent benefits including: 29 days holiday, flexible start and finish times around core office hours, 4pm Friday finish, group income protection, private medical insurance, employee assistance programme, life insurance, enhanced parental leave, casual dress code