The key aspects to the role will involve all areas of Quality and the development of Health and Safety procedures for the implementation of ISO45001. In addition, this role will also support the SMaP Audit Schedule by carrying out internal and external audits in order to provide assurance to the business and its major projects of the compliance to agreed standards and procedures. This role will also assist in ensuring the integrity of products and processes to satisfy business, customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
1. To support the OS & C Programme Manager in embedding, the process and mechanism of ISO45001.
2. To provide quality assurance of the QMS through the, improvement and maintenance of QHSE policies, processes, and procedures.
3. To identify and report areas of non-conformance/compliance and areas for improvement.
4. Undertake 1st Party, 2nd Party and act as a Guide in 3rd Party Process and Product Audits including analysis of findings and improvement suggestions and progression of non-conformances (NC) as required.
5. Using 8D, progress NCs, identify root cause, corrective actions, and preventive actions to closure.
6. On assigned projects:-
* Produce and maintain Quality Lead Project Management Pack (i.e. Contract start-up and delivery documentation and records).
* Undertake the role of Quality Lead i.e. the customer interface for Quality related matters (including verification of customer concerns and customer satisfaction).
* Ensure customer Quality requirements are fully understood and are met.
* Undertake product and process reviews to aid the prediction and prevention of quality defects.
* Generate and maintain contract quality plans.
* Identify product configuration control management to ensure traceability.
* Maintain contract improvement Lessons Learnt records.
* Produce Contract specific metrics overview for the business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QHSE background with good technical / operational experience within design and manufacturing.
Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001/45001 Standards, experience of health & safety at Work 1974 legislation and managing multi-disciplined projects/tasks will all be key.
Quality Assurance experience within complex/bespoke engineered products and a good working knowledge of the current legislative and regulatory regime are both desirable
Knowledge of the product safety regulations would be an advantage.
Routine UK and very occasional overseas travel may be required
Ideal Qualifications include:
* Internal/Lead Auditor and ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001/45001
* Experience of IPC wiring and soldering standards desirable
* Experience of PPAP and PFMEA
* Qualified within H&S (e.g. NEBOSH/IOSH certificate)
* Experience in a Quality Engineering role
* Familiar with relevant electrical/mechanical standards would be an advantage
Applicants must be able to achieve full SC with no restrictions.
This role has been assessed and fall inside of IR35.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application