Bursarial Support Officer
Contract - full time
You will be working in partnership with many stakeholders, schools, internal services and departments, other LA's, central government, education professionals and contractors. You ensure continuous development so that the practice is of a high quality. We are currently making improvements to our service, strengthening the way we work to increase levels of financial sustainability and resilience within schools.
You will be supporting schools in producing and interpreting both financial and non-financial performance information data, modelling and planning for the impact of a number of risks and opportunities including all aspects of income and expenditure, and internal and external risk factors.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
* Specific knowledge and experience of schools accounting and bursarial services
* Well-developed problem solving abilities
* Detailed understanding of the accounting requirements with respect to schools accounting and the systems that support them.
* Able to train, support and advise Business Managers
* Responsible for the production and presentation of budget information
* Confident in providing briefing and guidance on School Finance issues
* Participate in meetings, working parties and project groups
* Qualified AAT and/or similar level of experience