The data team at Trust in Soda are currently looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join one of the UKs most recognisable fintech's who are currently on a mission to launch an open-banking like platform to be rolled out throughout most of the UK's most recognisable financial giants.
Within your role as a Principal Data Engineer, you'd be leading the design and roll-out of this project, a first for the company and leading best practice throughout the implementation of modelling, loading and transformation of the Data Lake. This position would come with direct line management but also the chance to have a real hands-on approach to the coding on the project.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Overseeing the project and the design.
- Leading a small team of Data Engineers
- Prototyping new ideas and concepts.
- Working alongside senior stakeholders.
What skills you'll need:
- Expert commercial experience coding with one of the following (Python, Java, Scala)
- Strong commercial experience with Kafka.
- Strong commercial experience with Spark.
- Expert commercial experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Strong commercial experience implementing cutting edge Data Engineering ideas.
***This position can offer sponsorship, but you will already need to be residing within the UK***
If you'd like to know more, feel free to contact me at
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92311968