Principal Engineer - Space CommunicationsGreat Baddow
I am currently recruiting for one of the most exciting companies in Europe who require a Principal Engineer to join their team of industry leading experts. This company works across the public and private sector to deliver cutting edge products that directly impact national and international defence.
The Principal Engineer role will be responsible for leading work in the development of signal processing algorithms for space communication links (both RF and optical). The candidate should have a good knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards relating to space data links and navigation and a reasonable knowledge of what is possible with RF and optical links and how to optimise performance within cost/platform constraints. The candidate will need to be comfortable with analysis and modelling of communications and navigation systems using Matlab/Simulink
I need a Principal Engineer who has prior experience working across the full end to end product delivery lifecycle with high profile end clients in the defence and space industry and wants to work on projects that really make a difference!
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined scientists and / or engineers to execute projects for customers. A large proportion of the projects undertaken will results in practical demonstrations at TRL 2 to 5 and operational system up to TRL 9
- Identify and deliver internally funded work that builds capability for exploitation in line with the business strategy
- Develop & maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in line with process & governance.
- Assist with the development of new business opportunities and participate in the timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Communications, Physics, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a related discipline).
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically >10 years' experience in an engineering or technology based environment, working on complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in digital signal processing techniques and the ability to design processing architecture relating to communications and signal processing systems
- A good knowledge of communications protocols
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages is essential, preferable C, Unix programming and fluent in Matlab
- Member of a relevant professional body, preferably a Charter Engineer or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Ability to assess and understand the impact of emerging technologies and how these can be applied
If you're interested in working as a Principal Engineer with one of the UK's top digital solutions provider, please submit your CV or contact Peter Vannet on 020 778 067 06
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Great Baddow
Salary: Up to £60,000 + package
Agency: Anson McCade
Contact: Peter Vannet
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92310681