Informatica Administrator - Remote/Edinburgh - 6 Months with view to extend (Inside IR35)
Our Banking client is looking for a highly skilled Informatica Administrator to join their Edinburgh based team for a 6 month initial contract with view to extend.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working within our Data & Analytics Technology practice, within the Data Management team.
- Experienced in informatica administration including setting up new services and configuration, Linux installation of Informatica and troubleshooting build issues.
- An Informatica Data Integration specialist using Data Engineering Integration (DEI formerly BDM), Powercenter or IICS
- Experienced in using other Informatica products (such as Powercenter, BDM (DEI), DES, EDC, IDQ, MDM)
- Direct involvement in the Data management lifecycle, from producing data integration mapping specifications, design and validation through to development and production deployments.
- Working directly with clients to understand their business problems and using your expertise to transform their data in order to do this.
- Adept at problem solving, able to identify the most appropriate way for the business problem to be addressed. Capable of presenting findings back to senior stakeholders within the bank.
- Promote the adoption and integration of data engineering throughout the bank's many functions and franchises. Helping to drive innovation within the team and with our internal customers.
- Helping to assess and propose data-focused solutions based on business requirements.
- Proven experience in working within data engineering or data management teams
- Experience using Informatica Data Integration products, such as Powercenter and/or BDM (DEI)
- Strong communicator and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to articulate and present solutions at the right level for a wide audience.
- Proven experience in identifying and delivering automation
- Strong SQL and UNIX skills
- Experience standing up new Informatica environments
- Prior Consultancy experience.
- Experience working as part of a data platform team (support, administration, engineering)
- Experience contributing to Data Platform roadmaps and strategies.
- Experience supporting Proof of Concepts and performing demonstrations of products.
- Experience with Powercenter/DEI/BDM/IICS integration using APIs, SaaS, Big Data, AWS, GCP.
- Experience using databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Snowflake.
- Experience with automation, orchestration and containers (Puppet, Docker, CaaS)
- Experience with any of the following products:
- Informatica EDC
- Informatica Axon
- Informatica Powercenter
- Informatica Data Engineering Integration (DEI / BDM)
- Informatica Data Engineering Streaming (DES)
- Informatica Data Quality (IDQ)
- Informatica MDM
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS)
- Informatica Address Verification (IAV)
If you are interested in being considered please apply and I will be in touch accordingly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92312009