Power Apps and BI Developer
£505 per day - via Umbrella
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support GSK Consumer Healthcare in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a 'test and learn' approach. Data is a key tenet underpinning our transformation journey following the joint venture with Pfizer this year and our 3-year plan to spin off into a separate company.
We now seek an experienced Power Apps and BI Developer to create, develop, and manage a suite of data sets, reports and dashboards that will turn the underlying data into decision making tools for senior and operational management.
The main responsibility of this role is to understand the organisations needs taking the business requirement and working with platforms such as Microsoft PowerApps, SharePoint, Power Automate etc turning it into a reality.
1. Contribute across all phases of GSK projects (e.g. Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
2. Leverage technical expertise to design and implement Power Platform based solutions satisfying requirements and meeting agreed completion dates
3. Adept at leveraging new approaches to solutions for system design and functionality
4. Research customer issues that may be non-standard in order to offer solutions
5. Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, positive client interaction and solution delivery
6. Design and develop applications and dashboards utilising the Microsoft framework (Power Apps, Power Automate, PowerBi)
7. Analyse business requirements through collaboration with stakeholders, IT Management and the user community
8. Extensive database development experience in Data Analysis and Data modelling, Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL, MySQL
9. Develop and update technical documentation.
10. Working with our testing & support team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.
11. Delivery of the product through the development and testing environments into live, production workspaces. Advising on change control, embedding and user training needs.
- Power Apps Development Experience - both Canvas & Model Driven.
- Experience with Power Automate/Flow/Logic Apps/Power BI
- Strong SQL skills, ideally with hands on experience in the Microsoft stack.
- Industry experience 2+ years particularly with Power BI, Qlik or Tableau
- Worked as an effective member of a scrum team using modern agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, enough to deal with internal and external contacts at all levels, including the ability to communicate effectively with people of different nationalities/cultures working in different time zones
- Power Query - ingestion of various data sources
- DAX - for complex measure development
- Power BI Service - workspaces, apps, security
- Understanding of Pro vs. Premium features and suitability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure resources;
- Azure SQL DB / DW
- Data Factory
- Storage Accounts (Blob Store / Data Lake)
- SQL - preferable T-SQL
- Experience working with Azure Dev Ops
- Familiarity with C#, Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Cosmos DB, Databricks, and Azure Stream Analytics a plus
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92312111