DevOps/Release Engineer - City of London - Permanent - 70/80K
Harrington Starr is working with a leading brokerage based in the City of London to help find a DevOps/Release Engineer to join their development team. In particular this person will be responsible for ensuring software is built, tested, versioned, packaged, configured, deployed and supported in the most efficient and effective way whilst liaising with both Development and IT Operations teams.
This client is looking for someone with at least 2+ years eperience of working in a DevOps role and be able to showcase a clear understanding of DevOps metodologies and practical exprience implementing them. Skills required:
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with server configuration management is vital, preferably Puppet
- Strong coding/scripting experience in Python
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD toosl such as Jenkins/Bamboo or equivalent
- Strong background in automated deployments to Windows and Linux in a production environment
- Desired skills but not essential include: Docker, Terraform/Packer, AWS or have used MSI, Nuget or NPM
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements and automation
- Appreciation of the business processes and their importance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems
This is great opportunity to join one of London's Leading Financial Services and Technology company on a permanent basis. You will be joining a small but highly dynamic team that has a larger user base spanning the globe. Strong written and verbal communication skill will also be a key skill as you will be liaising with both internal and external business users. In return you will gain exposure to financial market systems from front office execution right through to back office regulatory reporting.
Please contact George Harris - and/or 02035877007 for the full job spec.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92312493