Data Scientist London or Gloucester
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work on some seriously interesting projects? Do you have strong commercial experience working in complex environments with exposure to the public sector or defence industry ? A Data Scientist has the chance to join one of the United Kingdom's leading cyber security digital service provider's that were previously voted by the Sunday times as a top 10 company work for!
The Data Scientist will join an industry leading team of data experts helping to deliver innovative and exciting data projects across a range of industry sectors. You can expect to be involved in delivering innovation in Big Data, Data warehousing, Data analytics and Data migration.
In this role, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with likeminded experts in the world of Data Science and work on complex projects that directly impact the national security of the UK. You should also be flexiable to travel to client site (fully expensed) as and when required.
It's fast paced, and at times a challenging environment, but with a highly rewarding and tangible benefits. For any Data Scientist looking to expand on their current expertise, this is a great opportunity.*Must be willing to gain DV clearance - please check eligability with the UKSV before applying*Requirements:
- Understands data manipulation and analysis techniques ranging from data aggregation and Management Information reporting (MI), to statistical-based analytics such as propensity modelling and segmentation, to advanced approaches such as machine learning and predictive analytic approaches.
- Able to exploit analytical technology including knowledge of coding languages (e.g. R, Python, etc.)
- Combines core consulting skills with technical versatility as they uncover hidden patterns in data and effectively present results to clients with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Able to tell stories with data - both verbally and visually, helping key decision makers move from ad-hoc analysis into continual data conversations.
- Understands different analytic, algorithmic, data mining and data visualisation techniques to find data insights, underpinned by strong core consulting skills. Has an awareness of machine learning.
- Applies appropriate data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of problem space, business and processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Has an awareness and ability to evaluate analytic technology options.
- Develops specific technical expertise in commercial and open source products relating to Data Science; able to configure and demonstrate these products.
- Able to manipulate data through a variety of approaches, including exploratory analysis, scripting and visualisation.
- Develops knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles.
- Interprets and translates object and data models into appropriate data schemas within design constraints for exploitation.
- Applies Agile principles to create proof of concepts (POCs) that can be evolved into production applications.
- Innovates with data and produces rapid outputs, deploying appropriate algorithms.
- Has awareness of User Centric Design (UCD), data privacy & data security guidelines.
Role: Data Scientist
Location: London or Gloucester
Agency: Anson McCade
Clearance: Ability to gain DV - 10+ years uninterupted address history in the UK and clean criminal record as a minimum
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 + package
Contact: Peter Vannet
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92310655