The Data team here at Trust in Soda are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join one of the UKs most ground-breaking and cutting-edge Fintech's outside of London. Who are currently pioneering an ethical approach to the entire sector based on the application of advanced Data Science and Data Engineering ideas & principles.
Your position within the team would be leading the adoption of new ideas and concepts to the current platform. Pioneering your ideas all the way from whiteboarding through to implementation alongside the Head of Data Engineering and wider Data Engineering team. Although you won't have direct line management, you will be acting as the go to for advice when it comes to using tools such as Scala/Java, Kubernetes.
What you'll be doing in your day to day:
- Designing, Developing and Implementing Data Pipelines and ETL processes.
- Coding extensively with Scala, Java or Python
- Working alongside the wider Data Engineering & Data Science team to implement changes to the current project.
- Architect new solutions on Google Cloud Platform (experience with GCP isn't essential but you will need to have cloud experience)
What Skills you'll need for this position:
- Strong coding experience with Java, Scala or Python.
- Strong commercial experience with GCP or AWS.
- Strong commercial experience with Terraform.
***Unfortunately - This Role does not provide sponsorship***
If you'd like to know more, feel free to contact me at
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92311528