I am looking for a well skilled Java Developer with prior experience working across large and complex projects for high profile end clients throughout the end to end development lifecycle.
You will be working for an innovation and transformation consultancy, who believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, you will help create opportunity from complexity. You will work with diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to help adapt, transform and improve their business. You will join a global team of over 2,800 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, and transport, travel and logistics.
You could be developing new back-end business logic in one sprint, and then looking at implementing a new MVC approach in the next. You probably have a core skillset in Java, but it's your understanding of data structures, algorithms, libraries and development methods that are most important.Experience
Core technology stacks:
- Working in an agile development team is highly sought after, where you're applying development practices such as;
- Agile sprints to deliver incremental code.
- TDD and/or BDD approaches, considering outcome at design. Knowledge of test automation.
- Secure development and architectural practices, as well as knowledge of non-functional considerations.
- JIRA for tracking progress and traceability.
- Working alongside others in the team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing.
- Reviewing code with your teammates to provide assurance on a release.
- Developing code using CI/CD tools.
- Implementing design and concurrency patterns.
- Writing clean, readable, maintainable and reusable code.
- Appreciating scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS.
- Web application frameworks E.g. ASP.NET, PHP, PERL, Ruby, Python, Play, Spark.
- External and embedded databases, relational and NoSQL, E.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Flink, Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data.
- Developing solutions in the cloud, using either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP).
- Java 8+
- MVC, JDBC and RESTful
- Knowledge of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem.
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Location: London, SW1
Salary: Up to £42,000 + Package
Agency: Anson McCade
Contact: Peter Vannet
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92310694