Some children need a different environment to thrive, and additional pastoral support to achieve their potential. Do you believe that every child should be helped to be the best they can, and given the strongest educational start in life?
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs, or who demonstrate challenging behaviours? Can you help and deliver education support to children with social or behavioural difficulties? Are you confident in working with children with ASD, ADHD, or other comorbid conditions? Have you ever had experience with MAPA or Team Teach?
You'll be kept busy, working with pupils from 11 to 17. Working in a modern centre, your day will be varied and exciting; delivering learning and coaching to pupils to help them to find their path through education, and in to their future. Working with pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education, you will be the mentor that some children need to succeed. You'll by dynamic, resilient, and flexible; dedicated to supporting pupils to achieve and progress. You'll work on learning activities, promote independence, and encourage pupils to become emotionally literate, and effective communicators.
* Experienced working with children with behavioural, social, and emotional difficulties, in particular; mental health, behaviour, emotional, social, ASD, and co-morbid conditions
* Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
* Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
* Confident, approachable, and an effective communicator
* Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
* Generous rates of pay
* A dedicated SEN Consultant
* A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
* Honest and friendly service
* Access to our 'Refer a Friend' scheme
Our staff say...
* 'I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!'
* 'A warm, friendly, but professional service'
* 'I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like 'more than just a number'
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you're looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we're happy to discuss our opportunities with you!