An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Environment, Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established manufacturing business near Carlisle.
You will be responsible for implementing the EH&S policy across the site along with management of the site services.
The ideal candidate will have their NEBOSH qualification and consideration will be given to newly qualified candidates and those with good work experience.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Promote a positive/proactive EH&S culture across the site such as regular 'toolbox talks', 'one point lessons' etc. and explore opportunities to engage the work force in respect of EH&S activities across the site.
- Work to ensure that the company complies with all statutory and Company requirements, enabling a safe place of work.
- Conduct accident investigations, develop counter measures and report accordingly.
- Assist the General Manager with managing site waste and continually review to achieve cost reduction and improvements in respect of environmental impacts such as recycling etc.
- Submission of capital expenditure projects in respect of EH&S improvements.
- Manage the EH&S Budget and reduce costs wherever possible.
This is a full time role and the salary will be dependent upon experience.