Data Business Analyst
A Leading Re-Insurance Business are looking to hire an experienced Data Business Analyst.
The role is 100% remote and is initially a 6 month contract paying between £500 - £575 a day Inside IR35 (Umbrella)
The role is heavily involved with:
- Data Movement, Data Mapping, Data Transformations
The role of the Data BA will be to work with various different technology teams within the Business to define target processes.
Tech Skills required would be SQL and SQL Server (Informatica knowledge would be useful but not imperative)Outline:
There is currently a major transformation in line with their business strategy with the aims to streamline the business processes and gain efficiencies in many areas of the business.
The technology landscape needs a refresh to support the strategy so there are a number of areas being focused on in order to achieve the business objectives.
- Data Management - To reduce/remove the reliance on manual processing by removing, where possible, Excel spreadsheets, Access, MapForce and other home grown tools, and replacing with Informatica.
- Biometrics and Pricing processing - To replace a suite of Experience Analysis tools by integrating and streamlining the data movements and processing. Remove manual processing where possible.
- Introduction of a full suite of analysis tools to provide the business with improved insight
- Enable growth and stability - To be able to process 100s of millions of records through the new suite of tools on a performant basis
Manages and ensures the identification, analysis and preparation of explicit and implicit complex stakeholder requirements and drives the functional support for complex business applications.
- Identifies, documents, reviews and manages all project requirements and translates into specifications.
- Able to work closely with the business in order to elicit and define the business processes and the operating model required to migrate to the target
- Working closely with business stakeholders to elicit and prioritise requirements, establish project scope, objectives and success criteria
- Able to work with the technical team in order to define a standardized data model
- Identify data quality issues and suggest the impact to the data model
- Establish a working relationship with the business to guide and support them through project delivery
- Selects and uses the most appropriate means of representing business requirements/data analysis, and ensures traceability of requirements through the delivery lifecycle.
- Defines the expected functional test outcomes.
- Working with the technical team to understand the technology used and ensure requirements will be met accordingly
- Ensures all quality criteria for every requirement and evaluates according to importance and/or stability.
- Clearly identifies risks and understands the governance required
- Use and understanding of analytical tools such as Power BI
- Ability to query data using SQL
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent requirements gathering and analytics skills
- Business Processes, Documentation and Modeling
- System Development Lifecycle
- Financial services knowledge
Nice to haves
- Technical understanding and capability
Project Management experience
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92299990