Desktop Engineer | London | Permanent | Attractive Salary
Your new company
Join a UK-based wealth management firm who are looking to bring on a Desktop Engineer to the London office. An exciting time to join a full office roll out of all the latest cutting edge technology the market has to offer. The client strives in developing and supporting technology solutions to support exceptional partnerships by putting client's investment interests to the heart of all business decisions.
Your new role
This Desktop Engineer position requires someone to be responsible for providing second line end user computing (hardware and software) support to users in the London office and remote support nationally. You will be responsible to provide proactive and quality decisions to on-going technology improvements to the end user computing services and support function. Additionally, you will be responsible for project work, such as new hardware deployment and upgrades.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and resolving 2nd line hardware and software issues
- Identifying software updates and coordinating the packaging, testing and deployment of updates
- Update changes, such as to group policy, to improve the end user computing services
- Coordination of hardware upgrades
- Desktop deployments and moves.
- Write and update technical and process documentation
What you'll need to succeed
- A positive can-do attitude with exceptional time management skills, adjusting workloads to rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrable attention to detail, with a commitment to follow through and follow-up
- Taking full ownership of issues, tasks and ad-hoc queries
It would be highly desirable - but not essential to have experience within the following:
- Professional experience in a desktop support environment
- Worked with an IT Service Management tool such as Service Now, JIRA or Ivanti
- Experience and knowledge of Windows domain environments
- Computer hardware and software support experience in regulated environment i.e. IM / Wealth
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Active Directory, GPO, Azure, AWS,
- Microsoft SCCM
- Networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and troubleshooting
What you'll get in return
You will be compensated with a competitive salary as well as an opportunity to be entitled to a discretionary bonus and generous pension scheme + many other benefits. Training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Benefits which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email direct or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92307555