Senior FPGA Engineer - Fixed Term Contract (12 months)Ultra Electronics PMES - Rugeley
Your experience can make a difference at Ultra!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior FPGA Design Engineer to join our Signature Management and Power team based in Rugeley.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA Design Engineer role will depend upon your skill set and level of seniority. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices. You will work within a dedicated team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Rugeley office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level
What we do
The Ultra Electronics Group manages a wide range of Specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport & Energy Markets. We meet customer needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and meeting critical requirements.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet security clearance to SC level.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92298548