Infrastructure Support AnalystCorvid Protect - Cheltenham
Innovating today for safer tomorrow!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Support Analyst to join our Infrastructure Engineering team based in Cheltenham.
In this role you will manage our support desk and be the first point of call for the escalation of technical support issues. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge by becoming involved in projects and technologies not traditionally associated with a Infrastructure Support Analyst role.
Corvid provides advanced and innovative Cyber-Security protection services across the wider Ultra Electronics Group using sophisticated means to detect and manage technical security incidents.
- A genuine enthusiasm for technology and IT security
- 3 years of experience working in a support capacity within a technical environment (IT department or similar)
- 3 years of experience administering Windows Server including AD. DNS, Group Policy etc
- A reasonable understanding of Linux and an interest in learning/expanding knowledge in this area
- A very good understanding of computer hardware (desktop and server)
- An understanding of network devices. E.g. Firewalls, switches, routers, proxies
- Some knowledge of virtualisation & cloud technologies
- A logical approach to troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical problems
- An organised and reliable manner
- A detail-orientated and thorough approach
- A positive and enthusiastic mindset
- A self-motivated and driven personality
- A real desire to improve existing knowledge and acquire new skills
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Cheltenham office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
What we do
The Ultra Electronics Group manages a wide range of Specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport & Energy Markets. We meet customer needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and meeting critical requirements.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet SC level Security Clearance.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92298442