Our Client is a company that depends on the quality, resilience and security of its platforms, solutions and services. As a software and solutions provider, how we operate internally is just as important as the care we place on our customer systems, and using technology to keep improving the experience of colleagues and customers alike is foremost on how we will continue to improve.
As the Infrastructure and Services Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring that all of the technology that underpins the business is maintained efficiently, secure and resilient and continues to evolve to meet the changing business needs. You and your team will be responsible for the support of all of our Infrastructure and Services, both our hosted customers and our own internal systems.
- Manage and develop your team to meet current and future requirements, minimising key man dependencies through delegation and development.
- Ensure that all Infrastructure, Services and Systems within your remit are fully documented and that those documents are accessible, maintained and relevant.
- Ensure that all Infrastructure and Services within your remit are monitored appropriately.
- Ensure that all data is protected appropriate to need and customer contract, including local backups, off-site replication and validation of recovery processes.
- Provide support and services to the Proactive Services team in the diagnosis and remediation of customer issues as required.
- Ensure that access to company systems are protected through the management of identity and authentication systems and the use of a robust leavers and joiners process.
- Provide the capability to identify and resolve critical issues out of business hours.
- Provide an IT helpdesk service for the company to obtain assistance with their IT issues.
- Ensure that all of our solutions and systems are licensed appropriately and procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that all Infrastructure and Services within your remit are operating, maintained and accessible to the teams that utilise them.
- Manage vendors and third-party suppliers directly associated with your remit.
- Be able to identify areas for improvement and be able to build business cases for those deliveries.
- Successfully manage technology change projects within your remit, including implementation of new platforms and services, decommissioning legacy solutions and consolidation of overlapping capabilities.
- Ensure that your systems and services operate in a secure manner, aligned with the requirements set by the security governance process.
- Ensure that all change is documented appropriately and follows the correct change processes.
- Support the CDO with the delivery of his objectives and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Have a broad understanding of Infrastructure, specifically covering:
- Data Centre and hosting technologies, Storage systems, backup solutions.
- Networking technologies including, network design, VLAN, IPSEC, routing & switching, edge devices, network management and diagnostics, wireless technologies, network security and firewalls.
- Database technologies, including Microsoft SQL, Clustering, High availability approaches, monitoring, performance, backup and recovery.
- An understanding of systems management tools and platforms, remote access solutions, operational reporting tools and log management systems.
- Exposure of public cloud for IAAS/PAS design and implementation
- An understanding of Corporate systems, including:
Experience of managing an IT technical delivery teamUnderstanding of ITIL processes and the provision of IT support services
- email systems, preferably Office365,
- collaboration solutions such as Sharepoint and Confluence,
- telephony systems and their network implications.
- Day to day management, development, training etc
Experience of vendor management, including service management, commercial awareness and contracting.To be proactive and pragmatic and extremely detail orientated.
Additional skills preferred
- Experience of delivering IT within compliance frameworks, such as PCI, ISO9001 and ISO27001
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92300392