Role: GIS Solutions ArchitectLocation: Bristol, Malaga, or RemoteSalary: up to £55k.
About the Company
Our client is dedicated to delivering innovative, digital solutions to local government and commercial organisations. Their agile philosophy enables them to deliver flexible, best-in-class software solutions to create solutions for the complex challenges their customers faceAbout the Role
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the overall architecture and solutions delivered to our UK customers and defining and maintaining the structure of the GIS solution, and ensuring that it will meet the requirements, technical and commercially.Responsibilities:
To ensure the profitability of the company and to ensure that all work is undertaken is delivered within or under budget improving margins. Solution Design - 40%
Communication & Presentation - 30%
- Understanding the requirements identifying the stakeholders, helping to analyse the requirements, and extracting those of architectural and solution significance.
- Formulating the design creating a solution structure that will meet the various requirements, balancing the goals and constraints on the solution.
- Supporting the developers - making sure that the developers are able to realise the architecture/solution, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement.
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- Render consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team.
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects.
- Communicating the architecture making sure that everyone understands the architecture/solution. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect must present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences.
- Verifying the implementation with the sales team and the customer - ensuring the delivered solution is consistent with the agreed architecture and will meet the requirements for the customer and the market.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals.
- Participate with Sales in Demos and technical documentation required by customers when needed.
You will deal with all members of the internal team which includes software developers, support team and consultants. You will also be required to report to and work with the Senior Management Team. You will also be required to work with contracted staff as and when they are engaged. Externally:
All customers, including several local authorities, suppliers and service providers. You will deal with customers face to face (when allowed due to Covid?19), by telephone, Teams, WebEx, as well as in written communication form. You will be required to attend customer sites throughout Europe. Decisions / Recommendations
Allocation/checking of work
- Contribution to procedures and ensuring that procedures are followed by both yourself and the support/delivery team.
- Responding and fielding enquiries.
Knowledge and experienceEssential:
- Using own initiative to manage work volumes and priorities.
- Reporting issues to the Managing Director
- Complying with The Data Protection Act 2018, which is the
- UK's implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Work may be inspected at any time.
- Agile methodology
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience designing solutions under the Azure Cloud umbrella
- Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services
- Previous experience working with the libraries: GDAL, DotSpatial, OpenLayers and/or Leaflet
- Profound knowledge of Microsoft Technologies in .NET and Web Apps (jQuery, AngularJS, ExtJS or similar)
- Experience working with GIS data sources such as PostGIS, SQL Spatial or similar
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Solid understanding of design patterns and application levels ? Leadership skills and ability to drive teams
- Previous Project Management experience
- Solutions Architect Microsoft certification
- Have significant experience with at least one of the suites of software released by one of the major GIS suppliers such as Esri, MapInfo or similar
To apply, send your CV and we will review and make contact with you immediately. Your Talent Solutions is a recruitment company that specialises in projects and programmes.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92297286