Senior Software Engineer
Term: 12 month fixed term contract
Ultra is transforming.
Our mission is to innovate today for a safer tomorrow. We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers.
We are Ultra!
We have an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Electronics, Systems and Software team at Ultra Energy based in Wimborne, Dorset.
The Senior Software Engineer will provide software engineering support to Ultra projects. The Senior Software Engineer will operate as a key member of a project team bringing experience in software engineering to the team. The Senior Software Engineer may also support bid work if required by scoping the software engineering tasks for the proposed work.
- Supporting the software engineering aspects of projects.
- Applying appropriate software engineering practice on projects.
- Generating and maintaining high quality software documentation and gaining formal review approval for release.
- Use of software engineering tools for requirements management, design modelling etc.
- Supporting representations of project software engineering to the project or customer community.
- Supporting other engineering or related disciplines as required, e.g. design, production or test.
- Contribution to ongoing development and improvement of engineering/business processes.
- Drafting and estimating the software engineering aspects of bid work.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance SC.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
The Wimborne office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- HND/Degree (or equivalent) qualified in a software engineering related discipline.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience of software engineering in a safety regulated industry would be an advantage.
- Experience of software design & coding in various languages/platforms, particularly scripted code [e.g. C, C++, C#, Pascal, Ada].
- Knowledge/experience of other technologies such as PLC, HMI/SCADA, NI LabVIEW, Siemens SIMTAC WinCC would be beneficial. An understanding of Modbus (TCP) would also be beneficial
- Ability to analyse customer & systems requirements to produce software requirements specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines within industry.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Good financial, commercial and safety awareness would be beneficial.
What we do:
At Ultra Energy we focus on the design & supply of safety-critical sensors and control systems, mainly to the nuclear industry in the UK, North America & China.
We design, manufacture, supply and support safety sensors and critical systems in both nuclear and selected industrial applications worldwide
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92297177