At Buy It Direct Group, we're pushing the boundaries of e-tail. We're looking for our next generation of commercial leaders, Senior Buyers that will elevate our future, passionately drive the performance of a product range to exceed all expectations, generate new ideas and find those limitless opportunities to deliver something new.
You'll need to have 'fire' in your personality, have proven passion for the commerciality of e-tail and know and own your product/marketplace to deliver kick ass results. We need exceptional people who can hold their own, stand by their convictions and act instinctively in the face of any challenges. There will be no limits to your thinking power - if there's an obstacle, you'll find another way or you won't be afraid to take a risk if it's right for the business.
A highly competitive salary is on offer and you'll be given a fantastic opportunity to drive profit and be rewarded generously through our bonus scheme.
Senior Buyer Responsibilities:
• You'll be responsible for the P&L as well as driving the overall strategy for the product category ensuring the right products are on offer to customers, managing and organising product ranges and stock as required.
• You will also be expected to build and maintain relationships with new and existing suppliers, negotiating pricing and terms, whilst sourcing deals to drive sales.
Senior Buyer Requirements:
• Experience of working within an eCommerce/e-tail environment.
• Extensive experience of buying at a senior level or 'ready' to take the next step.
• Be results focused with the ability to demonstrate a record of successful category trading.
• Entrepreneurial in style, innovative and commercially focused.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Good working knowledge of a critical path for non-UK sourcing.
• Highly adept at building market leading product ranges within a category.
• Have a genuine interest in customer behaviour.
• Ability to research and analyse market and competitor data and react with suitable plans and strategic goals.
• Ideally have people management experience.
Don't sit back, there's no room for hesitation. Apply today!
Why work for us:
At Buy It Direct, we dare to be different. We've built this business from the ground up to become one of the UK's largest and fastest growing online retailers turning over £400 million with a target of doubling in size over the next three years. We are proud of the products and services we provide across our six well recognised, award-winning online brands including Laptops Direct, Appliances Direct, Better Bathrooms and Furniture123. We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter and want to delight our customers by putting them at the heart of what we do, to really understand what matters to them.
Location: Huddersfield with the option of flexible home working
Type: Full time, Permanent (39.5 hours pr week)
• Healthcare cash plan
• Free parking
• Birthday off after a year
• Holiday purchase scheme so you can get that work life balance
• Staff discount scheme
• Agile working
• Autonomy to make a difference!
You may have experience of the following: eCommerce, e-Commerce, Online Retail, FMCG, Buying Manager, Senior Buyer, Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Assistant Buyer, Buying Assistant, Contracts Manager, Product Buyer, Buying, Merchandising, Purchaser, Purchasing Executive, Category Manager, etc.