Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Software Engineer
This role is based in Leatherhead.
Cobham, the leading global technology and services innovator have a fantastic to work on our market leading products providing Microwave, RF antenna and Electronic Design within the Aerospace Connectivity Business Unit of Cobham's Communications and Connectivity Sector. Our products are designed for air, land and sea to high specifications and with new products coming through you will be involved in exciting technical challenges.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. We develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging and testing of human machine interface software for our products using Object Oriented Design in C++ and Qt. This will be undertaken while working closely with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from product requirements
As a Senior Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Proficient in C++ and Qt (demonstrated by experience)
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented design
• Windows GUI application development
• Experience in software design and software life-cycle management
• Creative and innovative problem solver
• A motivated, self-starter who is eager to learn and develop
* Degree in electronics, computer science, software engineering or equivalent.
• Programming graphical components from scratch
• Real-time data processing and visualisation
• Test-driven development
• Appreciation of modern C++ programming techniques e.g. generic programming, design
• Experience with database integration e.g. SQL
• Appreciation of wider system design
• Experience with working with embedded systems
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare