An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Front end developer to join a US based client working 100% remotely from home.
You will be working a 40 hour week. There is flexibility on the hours. 10:30 AM-7 PM UK time would be acceptable, or starting at 9 AM and taking a long lunch break or a longer break time that suits you better, then working till 7 would be fine, for example.
As long as the hours are in, and there's overlap in the late afternoon, that would be great. There may occasionally (3 or 4 times a month) be the requirement to work late if there are some production issues, a push to complete a feature, etc.
The work will be 100% from home, regardless of the covid-19 situation. Ideal for those seeking a work/life balance, without the stress and cost of commuting.
You will be working closely with the engineering team (including pair programming and participation in sprint planning) of the US based client, which is around 10 people and growing, so there will be plenty of opportunity for professional development.
They are at an exciting stage in their growth where you can make a real impact.
The salary on offer is between £45,000-£60,000 depending on experience.
To apply for this role the essential requirements are:
* Frontend engineer with a passion for UI and code quality
* 8 years' frontend experience with at least 1 year of VueJS
* Experience with frontend security best practices (proper handling of JWTs, CSRF, XSS, etc)
* Experience writing long-lasting, testable UIs
* Experience using MacOS for local development
* Must be comfortable taking the frontend lead on projects
* Experience with frontend microservices
* Experience with static analysers
* Experience using Docker for local development
* Some backend stills with PHP 7.4/8.0 & Laravel 7/8
* Strong open-source portfolio
Being a really strong frontend person is what's important, so all these backend desirable points are just a bonus, and would add more value. My client is looking for someone with confidence and experience to lead the UI and frontend development for various projects.
Good communication is an important soft skill, as well as knowing when to ask for help. Possibly there will be 1 or 2 client visits in 2022 for at most a week each time in the US, but that is something to be worked out if and when it happens.
Apply today to hear more details