My client is one of the largest generator companies in the UK, providing standby and emergency power to a range of customers. They are experiencing massive growth at the minute and need a Generator Field Service Engineer to cover a patch that includes Lincoln, Milton Keynes and Peterborough.
Naturally, you will have strong customer service skills, as you will be liaising with both external and internal customers, providing updates, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
Key Tasks & Main Duties
* Fault finding
* Engine electrical and mechanical problem resolution
* Electrical and mechanical component replacement
* Basic wet and dry engine service
* Control panel modifications and tweaks
* Customer liaison, update and ensure complete customer satisfaction
* Provide call-out cover for generator breakdowns one week in four
* Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy. This includes company vehicles.
* Comply with all aspect of the company ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards, ISO 14001:2015 environmental management standards and occupational health & safety management best practice, proactively contributing to the company's continuous improvement programme
Skills & Experience Required
* Possess a relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Diesel Fitting/Plant i.e. City & Guilds, BTEC or equivalent.
* Proven experience servicing and repairing generator sets
* Full Driving Licence
* Possess good fault-finding abilities and strong communication skills
* Previous experience of working in a Field Service environment (advantageous)
* Good customer awareness with the ability to respond to customers' requirements effectively & efficiently.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Holder of ECS/CSCS Card preferred
* Salary - £26,000 - £28,000
* 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Private medical and life assurance schemes.
* Company Van