Role: Data & SQL Analyst
Salary: Competitive + benefits
A-SAFE is a rapidly growing and dynamic environment where open mindedness, curiosity and drive are important. As market leader, A-SAFE is determined to hold its position and create many opportunities for continued growth and development. We have a true global presence including USA, Japan, Australia, Europe and UAE.
We are known for our innovation and 'can-do' attitude. A place where talent can thrive and develop as we grow.
We invented the first industrial strength polymer safety barrier, revolutionising workplace safety. We've been improving world standards ever since, introducing further advanced safety solutions, including our next generation Rackeye IOT safety device.
Global blue-chip companies use our products. Coca-Cola, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Amazon, Heathrow airport to name but a few.
We are now looking for an experienced Data & SQL Analyst as a result of our growth. Reporting to the Business Systems & Digital Strategy Manager you will work alongside our operational managers to develop our data infrastructure and automated MI reporting processes company wide.
At A-SAFE we put our values at the heart of the business.
1. We are Pioneers
2. We do the Right Thing
3. We are in it Together
* Utilise advanced SQL, SSIS and ETL techniques to interrogate and aggregate data from a variety of sources, including NetSuite for subsequent data analysis.
* Review and redesign the existing data infrastructure to ensure maximum ongoing effectiveness.
* To create, generate and automate a variety of MI reports for all business areas utilising tools such as Power BI & Excel.
* To work with operational managers across the business to design and develop reporting requirements.
* Assist the business as and when required with other adhoc data requirements such as data migration activities and data models
Key responsibilities & tasks:
* Utilise ETL and advanced SQL skills to modify, join and interpret a variety of data types and databases.
* Design, develop and maintain suitable data warehouse architecture for BI or system provision
* Interrogate and aggregate from a variety of data sources such as NetSuite ERP, DSI WMS, Google Analytics etc. to allow the production of high-quality management information.
* Ensure strong data integrity at all times through suitable cleansing techniques and robust validation checks
* Possess a continuous improvement mindset to recommend changes to existing systems and data processes across the business to streamline working practices and drive efficiency
* Scope, develop and review bespoke data requirements in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across the business, ensuring success indicators are identified and delivered against.
* Communicate data analysis outcomes to non-technical members of staff with the confidence to suggest recommendations
* Ensure proficiency with latest data and MI tools via Continued Professional Development
* Assist the business with other digital projects in areas such as data migration, pricing models, PowerApps developments etc.
* Adhoc duties as required
Advanced SQL and SSIS experience to include creating suitable data architecture, tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
Experience of interpreting data from multiple database sources and structures (Cloud, On-Premise).
Experience displaying complex data via visualisation tools such as PowerBI.
Advanced Excel skills including proficient VBA knowledge.
Previous Data Analyst experience (or similar).
SSAS & SSRS experience.
Manufacturing business experience.
Oracle NetSuite experience.
Experience of using non-standard Microsoft 365 software's such as PowerApps and Automate.
Finance / Accounts knowledge advantageous.
Experience or interest in latest data trends such as Machine Learning.
We have a great track record of developing talent. Offering training, professional study support and career opportunities. Our benefits package includes up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, competitive salary, pension, flex start and finish (depending on role), childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. Please note that during lockdown you will be home based in line with government guidance and asked to attend the office only when necessary to carry out your job and/or training.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee