Our client is a UK leading manufacturer of animal feed based across five sites in the UK, they pride themselves on service and quality being the highest standard and to achieve this they also need the best people in their business. With over 250 employees across the sites they are now looking to expand their HSE team in their East Anglia region.
We are recruiting an experienced and driven HSE individual who will ultimately help deliver and improve upon the HSE policies across their 3 sites in East Anglia. Reporting to the Group HSE Manager, you will assist in generating and promoting a positive Health & Safety culture within the workplace. They will advise on all aspects of Health & Safety, ensuring compliance with legislation and adherence to best practice at all times in order to deliver business objectives.
* Implement all Health & Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
* Proactively engage and educate all 2Agriculture employees on the importance and relevance of Quality and Safety, delivering safety awareness programmes as required.
* Support the implementation of the Environmental policy and associated procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
* Be actively involved in the implementation and maintenance of an effective Risk Management system to ensure a safe working environment.
* Manage the sites accident reporting system, carrying out thorough investigation and corrective action as necessary.
* Maintain audit standards and ensure corrective processes are in place to address non-conformances.
* Professionally represent the company with external and regulatory bodies as required, securing the relevant operation permits to ensure legal compliance.
* Support the induction process of new employees by delivering training from a health and safety perspective.
* Support the development and maintenance of equipment and systems to secure the effective protection of our people.
* Drive continuous improvement, proactively reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve the sites efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
* Lead and implement key Health & Safety projects and initiatives as required, effectively utilising the allocated budget in order to deliver business objectives.
This role will suit an individual who has some experience already within a HSE capacity and is looking to drive policy and cultural change within an organisation as well as make an impact within the business as they continue to grow.
* You will hold a NEBOSH qualification
* A minimum GCSE in Maths and English
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Packages, HSE Software etc.)
* Proven experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental practitioner.
* Experience of leading HSE projects delivering positive outputs for the business.
* Experience of delivery HSE based internal training.
* Strong experience in managing the auditing process and a track record of enabling full compliance in both internal and external audits.
* Experience of managing accident reporting systems, undertaking investigations and implementing corrective actions.
Due to the nature of the role you will also have to hold a full UK driving license and have your own vehicle to cover the three sites.
In return our client is offering a competitive salary, car allowance, company pension, life assurance, and a bonus.
If you are interested in the above role please contact Stuart Tomkinson