Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world. The current range - which is 100% 'For The Drivers' - includes the Evora coupe, the critically acclaimed Exige and the iconic Elise.
The latest new Lotus is the Evija, our all-electric hypercar that is the world's most powerful series production model. All Lotus cars are rightly regarded as being the benchmark for exceptional ride and handling, lightweight engineering, exceptional steering, efficient aerodynamics and driver-focused interiors.
Our founder Colin Chapman always believed that a driver wants feedback and control, instant response, precision and agility, the power to accelerate and the ability to stop almost instantly. Over the last seven decades, Lotus has remained true to this ethos. Our core values, our pioneering approach to automotive engineering and our rich heritage - both in road and race cars - are guiding our future.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in the company's Vision80 strategy, which states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on our journey.
More information on working at Lotus, Vision 80 and the exciting future for Lotus can be found https://(url removed)
A kind note to recruitment agencies - please do not send us CV's to Lotus managers or Recruitment unless we have explicitly requested your company to do so, any CV's submitted will be considered by us to be a 'free gift'.
To our candidates, we would encourage the submission of CV's to done via our online portal. If you cannot see an active position that is suitable please use the buttons above to REGISTER YOUR INTEREST and appropriate new vacancies will be sent to you.
As project Lead, this role will be focused on ensuring a robust project/product launch through dimensional quality activities spanning pre-series to Job 1. Focused on issue identification and resolution in both engineering and manufacturing elements the role will use develop and build on existing tools and techniques to measure and assess dimensional quality.
* Lead and coordinate dimensional quality activities with the dimensional quality engineers.
* Own reporting and delivery of project deliverables to defined targets
* Support the delivery of the cubing/part maturation activities
* Oversee the measurement point planning delivery and revision process
* Create strong working relationships with the manufacturing group to deliver high quality pre-production events.
* Conduct virtual series events to and lead tracking of issues resolution.
* Lead continuous improvement (CI) activities using Lean Six Sigma Methodology to identify areas for improvement and deliver business objectives
You will work closely with Engineering & Product development teams to ensure DFMA concepts have been considered and practical solutions to manufacturing a high-quality product have been developed. Working alongside Manufacturing Engineering, you will ensure robust delivery of new projects & products to a high standard of dimensional quality with new technologies in a dynamic environment. Developing tools and methods to drive dimensional quality improvements with other support functions throughout design and launch activities, this role will require flexibility.
This role will offer the scope to help define the department structure, roles & responsibilities moving forward, building on past experience but with an innovative approach to delivering excellence. Supporting a small team of dimensional quality engineers to meet the targets and deadlines in a challenging environment. The role will have opportunities to set direction and implement working methods that support the role objectives.
* HNC minimum in an automotive engineering discipline
* Experience of automotive assembly techniques / systems either as OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
* Ability to demonstrate application of dimensional control best practices
* High level of dimensional and geometrical knowledge.
* Working knowledge of measurement point creation and statistical control tools & techniques.
* Degree in an automotive engineering discipline
* OEM knowledge of vehicle component production processes
* Experience of vehicle launch in a BIW or Trim environment.
* Metallic / composite structures knowledge or experience
* Lean / six sigma black belt or other SPC training or experience
* Working knowledge of statistical software packages
* TeamCenter & Catia interrogation
* Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills. Must be able to work alone and as part of a small team
* Strong interpersonal & influencing behaviours.
* The willingness and ability to train others in this field
Travel may be required at times to support engineering / supplier activities globally, but travel requirements are minimal