Role - GIS Specialist
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £33,850.00-£50,800.00 per annum plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE are currently recruiting for a new member of the GIS Operations team.
This role will be to undertake day-to-day operations within AWE's Geographical Information Systems (GIS) team, working closely with other areas of Asset Information Services (AMS, EDMS, CAD, BIM). The focus will be on maintaining Sites facility and utility asset configuration baselines within the corporate GIS, providing specialist resource in geospatial analysis, while helping to develop the department's dynamic and innovative capabilities in supporting a multitude of departments around the business.
You will be required to:
- Maintain configuration of multiple utility networks
- Responsible for own day-to-day tasks and decisions with the area of work.
- Ensure that customer deliverables meet agreed quality, cost and timescales
- Provide cartographic outputs for customers in a professional and timely manner
- Customise the GIS where necessary to improve the delivery of day-to-day core business as usual activities
- Maintain the GIS Intranet mapping services, including assisting the development of solutions in response to emerging corporate needs and relevant technological advancements in the industry
- Undertaking GIS data manipulation & analysis through the use of scripts & tools and building these as required
- Supporting the GIS manager, in line with the goals of the wider asset group (AMS, EDMS, CAD, BIM)
- Assist Asset Data Manager in increasing awareness of configuration control through presentations
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/experience:
- A working knowledge of engineering utilities systems, building services etc.
- Beneficial knowledge of AWE sites, business areas and utility and facility infrastructure.
- A good working experience in the GIS discipline, preferably within an MoD or utility environment.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems, Intranet/Internet and networking structures and design and database development.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with very good written and oral skills.
- Remote sensing and spatial analysis.
- Experience working with Assets Management Systems (AMS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks, whilst maintaining effective judgement in prioritising, time allocation, delegation and task management.
- Customer focused with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of configuration management and change control.
- Undergraduate degree in Geographical Information Systems or Geography based course or Relevant GIS application specific certifications, or equivalent experience.
- Asset Management qualification (Desirable)