Join us - one of the 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For' and the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm.The Role
We are looking for someone, primarily with experience in delivering excellent customer service, who can confidently manage a portfolio of insurance claims. The successful Claims Handler will work closely with our in-house Legal and Recoveries teams , Letting Agent's and Tenants to deliver an efficient, high quality claims service.Key tasks and accountabilities:
To operate within a team of Claims Handlers, delivering a high quality Claims Provision to its diverse, Internal/External Customer base. Taking a pro-active and "hands on" approach to claims handling whilst embracing Barbon's Vision and Values.Responsibilities
The Successful Candidate
- To undertake detailed fact finds for claims submitted, paying great attention to detail.
- To liaise via phone and email with customers to obtain relevant information and documentation to fully assess the claim.
- To convey the outcome of your assessment, whether accept or decline in a concise and informative way.
- To contact tenants and guarantors to discuss all aspects of the tenancy breach
- To draft and serve legal notices seeking possession.
- To prepare cases for Litigation.
- To identify and escalate trends or concerns.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by team leader to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets.
Experience/ Knowledge- Essential
- Organised with the ability to manage workload and handle multiple cases at the same time, to meet service levels.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- A professional and adaptable communication style - both written and verbal
- An excellent telephone manner with the ability to build relationships and the confidence to discuss rent arrears and proposals for repayment
- Enthusiastic, professional with a positive "can do" attitude.
- The ability to handle objections and to negotiate a successful outcome.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure whilst delivering results.
Experience/ Knowledge - Preferable
- 3 GCSEs at grade C or above, with two being English and Maths;
- Office based Customer Service
- Excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of all standard Microsoft programme
- A minimum of 2 years Claims Handling experience insurance claims handling in a Legal/Insurance centred environment
- A minimum of 12 months in a FCA or SRA regulated environment
- Legal knowledge within the private rental sector
If you think this role could be for you please apply
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.