Advancing People are working closely with a highly regarded International Charity who are looking for an experienced and confident Operations Manager with retail experience, based in the Bedford area.
This rarely available, varied and hands on Operations Manager Role will involve responsibility for the operational management of a well-known and local multi-purpose site which includes retail, residential and social enterprise.
Reporting directly to the Chief Community Office you will be leading the Operations team whilst being a key part of the overall management team for the Charity, with the opportunity to contribute towards Marketing and External Communications.The person:
We are looking for an Operations Manager that has a retail background and ideally experience of managing a multi-functional business and/or charity for this challenging but hugely rewarding role.If you are a real doer and want to be busy then this is the role for you!!!
There is so much that can be achieved in this role for the right person and an opportunity like this does not come along often...The Role in more detail:
- Maintaining continuous communication and improvement of the environment whilst achieving maximum profit for the charity in order to support overheads.
- As a key member of the management team, you will add considerable value to policy development, marketing, business development and communications
- Leading the operations team on a daily basis, providing support, motivation and support as needed to encourage business and employee potential.
- Responsibility for organising and managing all business and staffing activities.
- Monitoring and planning of products and stock to meet demand - maximising potential for income.
- With a strategic mind you will be aiming to ensure financial growth for the charity not just now but well into the future, as well as contributing to the overall strategic plan.
- Responsibility for all buildings, vehicles, leases, maintenance, utilities and contracts associated with the site.
- A true leader that will be able to manage and deploy a varied workforce in order to deliver high quality operational and business activities.
- Responsibility for all company and Health & Safety procedures being adhered to across the site.
- Ownership of an operational budget with a view of saving costs wherever possible.
- Being on an on-call rota as part of the management team.
The salary for this permanent Operations Manager role which is up to £35,000 per annum.
Working 40 hours per week, Wednesday - Sunday
, 8:30am - 5:00pm with flexibility to cover for sickness and holidays as required. 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays pro rata, matched pension scheme and on-going individual training and development.
If you feel you have the Operations Manager experience and retail background our client is looking for then please apply now or contact Dominic Quirke at Advancing People directly, in complete confidence.