Manufacturing Project Manager
Recruitment Agency Reference: 6971700
Contract - 6 Months initially
Up to £30ph Umbrella
A position has arisen for a Manufacturing Project Manager within a large Defence organisation based in Bolton. This role is to provide support to the Programme Managers and Manufacturing Management Team to define, plan, direct and deliver the manufacturing projects/contracts against business plan targets through rigorous cost control and schedule adherence.
Successful candidates must have a valid SC clearance
Your duties will include:
- Managing stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance
- Planning, facilitating and providing support to the success of large scale contracts throughout the product life cycle
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors
- Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets
- Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard deliveries
- Playing a key role in tendering/bidding activities associated with the successful acquisition of future business
The successful candidate should have:
- A valid SC clearance or be eligible for clearance
- Experience as a Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation
- Generation of bids/ experience of bids from start to finish
- Experience delivering industrial transfer packages
- Previous experience with offload companies
Experience within an engineering or production environment is essential.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Joanna Hutchings and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.