Our client is a market leader and global brand who specialise in the design and implementation of specialist laboratory systems. They are currently experience a huge phase of growth and are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to be based in or around the Glasgow, Edinburgh area who will be happy to travel acorss Scotland, Northern England and Northern Ireland as part of this exciting role. A company van will be provided for this and when the role involves nights away this will be covered by the company. Reporting into the Technical Services Department Manager the Junior Service Engineer will provide field based Planned Preventive Maintenance support of specialist products. As Field Service Engineer you will deliver a consistently high quality and accurate service which is driven by an understanding of customers' needs and expectations.
Junior Service Engineer - Responsibilities
- Attend customer sites as scheduled by the Customer Service Team Leader to meet the commitments of the Department.
- Carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance (and occasional repair) work to the highest technical standard. Follow predefined procedures and guidelines to ensure continued safe/efficient operation of products.
- Work with other team members on installation, commissioning and training projects. Ensure all new equipment is installed to the highest possible standard to provide years of reliable service to our customers.
- Update systems, ensuring that all jobs contain relevant information to the agreed standard and are processed daily so that customer and company expectations are met.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with office teams (Customer Service and Helpdesk) in order to effectively contribute to the attainment of the Departments objectives.
- Develop profitable relationships with customers to ensure the ongoing promotion of the Technical Service Department and product range. Ensure effective communication with customers which demonstrate the core values of the Department.
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment provided by the company in line with agreed procedures and standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Line Management and Training Manager to identify and action training requirements which ensure our customers receive the highest standard of technical support.
- Participate as a member of the Technical Services team, providing support to other team members where required
Junior Service Engineer - Key Skills
- Multi Skilled Engineer grounding with some electrical experience.
- At least a years experience within Electrical, Pneumatic and Mechanical servicing
- Fault finding and Servicing experience with the later being the bulk of this role.
- Customer focus approach, able to be flexible, bring strong problem-solving skills and have exceptional time management and organisational skills.
In return for your hard work and technical knowledge our client offers some great benefits including a work Van with fuel card, Pension of 3%, rising to 5.5% after two years that the company contributes to and an Annual bonus of 10%. This is a Monday to Friday role, so no weekend or shift work as all sites operate 9am-5pm. It also offers the chance to work for an industry leading brand that provide exceptional training and where you can add genuine value with your varied skillset.
Apply now to be considered for the exciting Junior Service Engineer role.