SEN Teaching assistant role in Gloucester.
Your New Company
If successful, you will join a Primary School with an outstanding reputation in Gloucester as a SEN Teaching Assistant. The school aims to ensure not only academic success, but also focuses on the social progression and happiness of all pupils. You will be required to work on a part- time basis working 5 mornings per week starting in Term 5.
Your new role
As a SEN Teaching Assistant in Year 6, you will be supporting a child on a 1:1 basis who has social, emotional and mental health needs. It is important to ensure a good relationship between yourself and the child can be built so you will need to confident with your communication skills. You will be ensuring they are understanding and concentrating when in the classroom. This role is behavioural as they can be emotional and will need someone to support them closely when they are feeling anxious.
What You'll Need To Succeed
* You should have experience in a classroom setting within the last 2 years.
* KS2 experience is essential.
* You should feel confident working with children on a 1:1 basis.
* You will need to be professional at all times, as well as friendly and enthusiastic.
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively with staff, children and parents. What You'll Get In Return * You will be paid a competitive daily rate.
* You will receive CV and interview advice.
* You will receive the benefits of working with your own personal teaching assistant consultant who specialises in the Bristol area.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.