Shoosmiths LLP | Senior Paralegal | London office
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our team is one of the leading and largest UK Real Estate teams, recently winning "Legal Team of the Year" at the Estates Gazettes awards.
We are spread and work nationally across all offices and represent an impressive range of household name retailers and leisure operators as well as developers, investors and corporate occupiers and funders on some of the highest value and profile projects around.
You will be working as part of a team that is recognised for its excellent service and high quality legal advice. This opportunity will see you become a member of an established team that is positive, professional and supportive. Our client list speaks volumes for the quality of our lawyers and the experience they provide.
- Being the main point of contact for 2 or 3 of our key clients. Liaising with them directly regarding any of their queries.
- Drafting leases and side letters, managing telecoms leases and drafting the relevant paperwork for some of our key clients
- Provide supervision of the other Paralegals within the team
- Assisting on various types of Real Estate transactions
- Assisting a busy team with post-completion Real Estate transactional work, including completion of SDLT returns and submission within deadline, serving notices of assignment and making Land Registry applications
- Communicating with clients and external solicitors (both in writing and by telephone) to deal with queries in relation to both post-completion work and own matters
- Assisting on large portfolio transactions, including setting up and uploading information in data rooms, drafting documents and document management
- Completing property reports and schedules
Skills and qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have a number of years' prior experience working in a busy Commercial Real Estate team. We would also welcome applications from individuals that have already or are completing their CILEx qualification.
- Confidence and significant prior experience liaising with and communicating with external clients on a regular basis
- Prior experience mentoring and/or supervising more junior members of the team
- Excellent attention to detail taken with all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible according to client needs, with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure
- Able to integrate within a team as well as working on your own initiative
- Prepared to get involved in business development, including the attendance at networking and other marketing events
- Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.