As our next PMO Ops Manager (internally known as CMO Ops Manager) you'll be responsible for leading the PMO Operations Team in providing first-line of assurance to support the delivery of a consistent and effective project management practice across the YBS Change Portfolio, including our Digital Transformation roadmap. You'll join a likeminded team in our Leeds based Change Management Office function.What You'll Do
- Lead a PMO Centre of Excellence, ensuring the definition and application of best practice across the PMO Ops and Transformation delivery teams, identifying areas for improvement and driving the implementation and upskilling of improved ways of working across Transformation
- Deliver PMO Ops first line of assurance service across projects and programmes, ensuring a high and consistent level of process application and data quality across projects and programmes
- Establish and drive effective Stakeholder engagement to facilitate effective first line of defence across Transformation project and programmes
- Responsible for working collaboratively with the YBS Programme and Project delivery community, the wider Change Management Office Team and Change portfolios to ensure that robust, accurate and meaningful data and information is captured at portfolio level for project/programme risks, issues and dependencies management
- Ensure that project/programme plans, milestones, financials and resource profiles are accurately maintained using appropriate and relevant PPM tools, ensuring budget tracking, variance and quarterly forecasting is undertaken, ensuring mitigating actions/escalations are in place
- Lead on the development, collation and management of project/programme reporting at portfolio level to enable the identification of early insight and recommendations to support and inform the management, planning and risk mitigation for the wider Portfolio, driving effective and timely decision making at appropriate forums and Committees
- Responsible for line management and provision of guidance to and training of the PMO Ops Analysts ensuring that performance meets or exceeds expectations and for making recommendations for organisation changes to meet the demands of the projects/programmes.
Life at YBS
- Previous PMO Management or Programme / Portfolio Management experience
- Excellent people management, staff development and performance management skills with proven ability to coach and mentor others
- Vision and value focused and experience of reporting and presenting information to Senior Management level
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint skills
- Proactive, forward looking, flexible attitude with the ability to challenge constructively - knows how to get things done
- Experienced in the use of project and portfolio management tools.
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you...Flexibility
- Whether it's picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.Celebrating Success
- From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.Giving Back
- Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!Inclusivity
- We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.Site Perks
- Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.So....
If you've got a solid background in PMO or Portfolio Management and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we're commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We're devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
Any Questions - Contact Tazafia Mahmood via email at