Work Placement LeadSalary: £26,776 - £29,204 per annumContract Type: PermanentHours of Work: Full time, 37 hours a weekClosing Date: Thursday 15 April 2021Benefits package: 30 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays), Local Government Pension scheme, staff discount at the onsite Nursery at Bishopsfield Road Campus, free onsite gym and access to many more benefits.
Fareham College offers award winning, state of the art facilities with a redevelopment worth £38 million across Fareham College's main Bishopsfield Road, CEMAST and CETC campuses. The Colleges' impressive workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, theatre, and commercial hair & beauty salon and associated industry-leading facilities allow it to stand out in the local area as a modern and forward-thinking business. Fareham College was awarded 'Outstanding' at its last Ofsted inspection (November 2017) and offers the very best innovative learning environments in which to train, learn and work. As our learning environment continues to evolve Fareham College will equip you with the resources you need to pursue your desired career - Excellence Is Closer Than You Think.
The main focus of Fareham College is to deliver high impact consultative solutions that exceed the expectations of businesses and individuals who engage with us. Apprenticeship delivery is at the heart of what we do and we make a substantial contribution to the Government's apprenticeship strategy, we are a market leader in our field and everything we do is about maintaining and strengthening our position. We pride ourselves on providing the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers. You will join an award-winning and nationally recognised employer engagement team (AOC Beacon Award Winner 2020). Role Purpose;
Manage Work Placement Officers to achieve placements across T Level/WEX & IP placements and foster a team approach to achievement. Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required;
- High level of expertise in assessing and reviewing learners matched to client requirements - Essential
- Holds relevant qualifications in providing advice and guidance and keeps up to date with developments relevant to role - Desirable
- Literate and numerate holding a minimum level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Understands contractual / funding requirements - Essential.
- Understands sector changes relating to Work Placement and T Level requirements - Essential
- Lead engagement with local employers to establish effective relationships and increase awareness of Work Placement and T Level industry placements and allow you to source and monitor external work Placements with employers
- Work in partnership with the Sales Manager to deliver a strategic approach to the engagement of employers across the region that aligns our offer as a leading provider of Traineeships, T-Levels, Apprenticeships and other vocational training programmes.
- Have direct line management responsibility for the Work Placement team with ownership and direction of target objectives, ensuring the team are on track to meet targets or otherwise identifying action plans to address under achievement and reward success.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Please press APPLY and we shall send you our application form link.