Unique opportunity within the International Office of The General Counsel within a global business services firm.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a team based in five countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by member companies around the country. It also supports the International and the global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working, under the ultimate supervision of the General Counsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a variety of matters including corporate and governance legal matters relating to International itself, corporate transactions or structuring between or involving International and one or more member firms, governance issues relating to member firms and cross-border legal risk and regulation.
Some international travel may be required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience required
We are looking for a qualified lawyer, of approximately 3 years PQE (or equivalent, if not UK qualified), with experience advising on corporate matters in areas such as governance and structural matters, investments (including equity and debt), acquisitions, disposals and cross border legal risks and regulations. Experience advising professional services firms, including on partnership agreements, will be advantageous. A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent legal technical skills
* Experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border corporate matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position
* An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations
* Awareness of own strengths and areas for development
* Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work
* Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels
* Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.