Our client is a leading service provider with well-appointed offices in Huntingdon but the opportunity to also work remotely.
They are now looking to further develop their payroll team by recruiting an Assistant Team Leader to assist in looking after a friendly and hardworking team.
As a payroll expert your role will be key in the smooth running of the payrolls that are looked after, and duties will include;
- Deputising for the Payroll Team Leader
- Updating the team on all payroll legislation changes and impact
- Manage your own portfolio on all aspects of payroll from start to finish
- Accurately inputting payroll data, balance reports and dispatch payrolls to clients, meeting required audit checks
- Processing statutory payroll forms ensuring compliance requirements for Auto Enrolment and RTI
- Being the subject matter expert for all technical payroll queries for the team
- Supporting BACS procedures to ensure monthly submission completed in a timely manner
- Liaising with HR to ensure that all contractual changes are administered effectively to comply with payroll deadlines
- Manual calculations, including back pay, overpayments, leavers, annual leave etc.
- Ensuring statutory provisions are applied as appropriate
- Completing monthly and annual pension returns
- Handling and resolving queries both internally and externally including from third party providers and statutory bodies
- Leading and supporting technical payroll queries
This role will suit someone who has proven experience of payroll and has ideally mentored or managed staff in the past.
The successful candidate will not only have strong payroll skills but will also be a strong communicator who values customer service and enjoys being busy.
Whilst the ideal would be that this person lives locally, if the right candidate is based further away, remote working could be an option for the right person but equipment and occasional meetings on site will be expected when COVID regulations are relaxed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a business that supports its staff and offers competitive benefits.
Interviews will be taking place imminently on a remote basis, so send your CV for immediate consideration.