Are you a skilled Maintenance Engineer looking to work with the leading technologies in warehousing and logistics?
Life as a Maintenance Engineer at Next is full of variety and challenges, it's fast paced and just like fashion trends is constantly evolving. We look after over 2 million customers, and it takes a large, talented and efficient distribution operation to make that happen. Our largest distribution centre processes around 600,000 units per day to our retail stores and to our customer's doors which is by no means straightforward.
Online retail has never been more important than it is now. In these constantly changing and unprecedented times, our continued success is dependent on the expertise, passion and adaptability of the teams across our distribution network.
Our Maintenance Engineers play a pivotal role in ensuring that the huge range of warehouse machinery and equipment are maintained and repaired as required to ensure the operation runs smoothly, implementing management instruction with regard to all aspects of the role and ensure awareness of Health and Safety, working in a specialist field.You will be required to;
- Perform fault-finding and diagnosis on a range of PLC controlled warehouse equipment
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on a range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and robots in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Be responsible for the recording of all work undertaken
- Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections whilst assisting in the completion and review of risk assessments for the department
- Work alongside other Engineers to combine a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm with a sound understanding of electrical and mechanical issues
- Be responsible for spare part auditing and ordering as appropriate to ensure equipment downtime is kept to absolute minimum
- Work with the Operations teams to ensure optimum flow of goods through the warehouse
Maintenance | Engineering | Fault-finding | PLC | Electrical | Automation | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Operations | Maintenance Engineer | Warehouse | Distribution | ASI | Profibus | IT Literate | Health & Safety | Risk Assessment Benefits
A competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and contributory pension * Access to our Sharesave scheme * Uniform is provided * Free Parking * Subsidised canteen * 25% discount on Next Merchandise * Up to 70% discount at our staff shopsEssential Skills
- Previous experience of working in a Maintenance Engineering role with experience of PPM, fault-finding and diagnosis of faults on pneumatics and hydraulics ideally within an automated warehouse, FMCG or similar environment
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship (or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Able to work at heights of up to 20m with appropriate training
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible with a 'can do' approach and able to adapt to a changing environment
- A strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships across the business
- Understanding of ASI and Profibus systems
- PLC Experience
- Experience of utilising Mechanical & Electrical technical manuals and drawings
- PC Literate
We are one of the UK's best-known high-street retailers and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.