Electronic Product Service Engineer Our client is a highly successful SME with award winning products.
Based just to the north of Cambridge, they create very high consumer electronic products that sell across the globe.
Continued success means they need to recruit an additional Service Engineer for their world class products. In addition to sound technical skills, to be successful in this role you will have a well-organised, thorough and disciplined temperament and a rigorous and structured approach to fault-finding to component level. The position involves an amount of customer liaison regarding remote diagnosis of problems and the progressing of repairs, so good communication skills, a helpful attitude, polite telephone manner and ability to offer technical advice via email are also required attributes.You will be:
- Assisting customers remotely (via video call, instant messaging, email, phone) in diagnosing the cause of their problems.
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations with regard to timely and effective resolution of problems including but not limited to repair of returned units or supply of tested spares.
- Customer liaison and remote diagnosis of field problems.
- Scheduling and administration of customer repairs.
- Fault diagnosis, repair and service of returned products.
- Fault finding of electronic circuit boards to component level.
- Inputting data (bugs/enhancement requests/resolved issues) into the customer helpdesk and bug tracking systems.
- Monitoring and analysis of field returns and liaison with suppliers and the Development Department to address recurring or escalating quality issues.
- Monitoring of in-house test equipment and rapidly alerting the Development Department of any issues affecting quality or consistency of testing.
Qualified at least to HND level.
A minimum of three years experience in an electronics test or service environment.
Knowledge of both digital and analogue electronics and familiarity with appropriate diagnostic strategies for each.
Proven diagnostic and trouble-shooting skills.
Good failure analysis and reporting skills.
Electronics assembly and rework.Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. However, we will make every effort to contact those applicants whose skills and competencies are a direct match to the role advertised. If you have not heard further from us in 4 working days then I regret that you must assume that you were not selected for interview. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.