Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is responsible for providing a full range of PA and secretarial services. In addition this role will support the wider finance function.
The role suits an experienced PA with the added ability and desire to manage sensitive and complex financial information. Able to interact credibly and effectively with external stakeholders and provide confidential project admin support.
Given the breadth and development of the role it is an essential requirement that the role-holder has the required personal and professional flexibility to meet business needs.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
PA and secretarial support to the Chief Financial Officer and other assigned Hastings Strategy Group members:
- To manage business diaries, including co-ordinating meetings (including booking rooms and visual/audio equipment, greeting guests, arranging refreshments and lunches), and any travel arrangements
- Highlighting key items, ensuring urgent tasks are dealt with promptly.
- Provide secretarial services (typing, filing, telephone messages, stationery requests oversight of emails inc flagging anything urgent which must be actioned)
- Manage expense claims in accordance with the Business Travel Expenses policy
- To provide cover for other company PA's
- Raise online purchase orders, raise requests for new suppliers as needed, and manage any invoice queries and credit notes
- Other ad hoc secretarial support as required
- Support the finance department with colleague engagement activities, off-site events, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other on-line events and booking travel
- Monitor performance against training requirements and survey completion etc to drive action amongst the finance team
- Support and co-ordinate the finance leadership team meetings, agreeing agendas and monitoring actions
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCECommunication skills:
- To access and control confidential information in relation to business sensitive information and personnel files.
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Effective and confident verbal and written communications in both individual and group situations.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Question effectively to clarify points and establish requirements.
- Written work that is clear accurate and concise.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Promote active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Continuously works to improve performance and capabilities.
- Timely completion of tasks while ensuring accuracy
- Provide resolutions that are 'right first time'.
- Display a sense of energy and commitment to achieve results.
- Flexible and adaptable in their approach to role and commitment
- Play an active part in team and department discussions and meetings.
- Readily assist other team members when requested.
- Seek help from others when necessary.
- Generally promotes a climate of respect, support, exchange and cooperation
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Flexible attitude to ever changing business demands
- Proactively manages own time and can work on own initiative
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.